Navigation bar

Home        Stockists        Website        Cargo        Facebook        Instagram        Pinterest        Contact

Sunday 9 June 2013

The Enfield and The Leucrota

So here are the first prints of two of the creatures from my Medieval Bestiary, plus one failed one of The Catoblepas.

Enfield

Leucrota   
I'm really happy with how these turned out, considering they're my first proper foray in to the world of Lino Cutting (and especially as I did them on my own DIY press ie, me standing on them under a big bit of wood!). The large areas of solid colour didn't work well, however - I don't think my body mass equates to the pressure of a printing press (thankfully) - so I'm adding in a bit more detail to the prints. May also experiment with colour.

Catoblepas
With this one, I thought I'd try a more textured, thicker paper. It did not work, but I still kind of like it.

Overall, I like the outcome and really like the way linocuts look, it's got a very specific and bold quality to the line I like. What do other people think about the process? Do you like it? Or think it's too time consuming / outdated?

More to come, I'm working on the Peryton, and those feathers are taking a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment